Body sculpting or body contouring is a process that eliminates the bad shape and fat areas of your body and tightens the skin. Lipolysis is a non-surgical option that uses lasers, heat, and cold methods. The surgical options include liposuction, lifts, and tucks. The surgery option is risky and takes a longer time for recovery, but it also provides the best results.
Brief About Body Sculpting
- Eliminating extra fat
- Contour or reshape the area
- Get rid of the unwanted skin.
Body sculpting does not allow you to lose weight. Instead of losing weight, it helps your body get in a proper shape and address the areas where losing weight is not adequate, and after weight loss, it results in extra skin. Body sculpting or contouring is a surgical or medical procedure that aims to reshape your body’s fat area. It might include the procedure to:
Different Types Of Body Sculpting
Non-surgical body sculpting is also known as Lipolysis. There are various lipolysis methods such as:-
- Injection lipolysis includes putting the deoxycholic acid in the body for targeting fat cells.
- Cyroliipolysis uses cold temperatures to destroy the fat cells.
- Laser lipolysis use lasers for destroying fat cells.
- Radiofrequency lipolysis use heat and ultrasound waves to target the fat cells.
Options Of The Surgical Body Sculpting Include:-
- Liposuction: The lipo or liposuction sucks out the fat deposits on the body part.
- Tucks and Lifts: These procedures remove the extra skin and excess fat.
Why Is It Used?
Most people choose body sculpting methods to get a good shape. It is often used on particular body parts when the exercise and diet are not making any difference. The surgical options help you remove the extra skin, making your skin look younger and smoother. These procedures allow the people who have excess skin after a drastic weight loss. It will also improve the wrinkled, saggy, or loose skin, which occurs with natural aging. The body sculpting also targets various areas of the body. The common parts include:-
- Chin and Neck
- Flanks and belly
What Happens Before Body Sculpting?
At first, you will have to meet a plastic surgeon, and then you will have discussions about:-
- Your health conditions, previous surgeries, allergies, and medical history.
- He will understand your goals
- Use of illegal drugs, tobacco, or alcohol.
- The medications which you are taking, such as OTC drugs and vitamins.
- He will take pictures
- Draw on some areas with a pen or marker
- Measure and examine the body parts which you will change.
- Make recommendations and discuss the options
- Reviews the options and risks involved.
After your final decision to move forward, they will make you sign in the consent form. By signing the form, you are permitting them to the surgeon to perform their procedure. By signing the papers, you agree that you understand the risks involved in the process.
What Happens After Body Sculpting?
Even after the surgical procedures, most people go back home after the same day. If you are going for surgery, then you should. Take someone who will drive you to the home and stays for the first night. You might have a thin tube near the incisions to prevent welling and draining fluid.
And for non-surgical body contouring, you can leave the clinic or office immediately after your procedure is complete. You will also not need anyone to ride you home, and you can start your day without any complications.
Body sculpting is a method by which you can remove your excess fat and extra skin. It is more helpful to those people who can’t lose their fat, by diet and exercise and want to get back in shape.